What is dry skin?
Dry skin could cause dry skin and skin peeling off, even cause cracked skin. Most of the people may be annoyed by dry skin, however, as long as right solution is found, most of the conditions and problems could be improved or solved.
There are a number of causes for dry skin, we need to understand the root cause of the dry skin to sooth and avoid the same situation happening again.
What causes dry skin?
As dry skin is usually caused by low humidity, cold and dry weather could easily trigger the problem of dry skin. However, there are some more reasons leading to dry skin, including:
- Soaked in hot water too long or water temperature too high
- Change in hormones
- Over-rubbing on skin
- Using highly-concentrated soap, bleaching agent, disinfectant or cleansing agents which contain alcohol
Dry skin conditions
These are the common dry skin conditions people may suffer from:
- Cracked or rough skin
- Sensitive skin
- Flaky skin
- Dry and tightened skin
- Itchy skin
Common dry skin on body
How to prevent dry skin?
When skin keeps losing its moisture, it will become dry, sensitive and cracked. If the situation continues, it will become itchy with redness. There are lots of ways to control and prevent dry skin.
As dry skin is usually caused by external factors, lotions and creams would be effective in alleviate the dry skin problem.
How to soothe dry skin?
- Keep skin moisturized, lock the moisture and prevent moisture loss from epidermis
- Drink more water
- Shower with moisturizing body wash that designed for dry skin
Tips for taking care dry skin
Soap could make your epidermis dry, if you are suffering from dry skin, you should avoid using the following items:
- Stimulating agent or detergent
- Fabric made of wool
- Strong washing powder or fabric softener
- Alcohol sterilizer
- Body scrub products which contain rough particles
- Bath with too hot water or bath for too long
Right diets keep your skin in right condition
Eating food rich in Omega 3 could help your skin to keep at its best conditions.